Friday, January 23, 2009

CHANEL IMAN COVERS PAGE SIX




Chanel Iman covers the newest issue of Page Six Magazine. In the issue, the 18 year-old model talks about boyfriends, tattoos, Tyra Banks and how it’s hard to book some jobs because of the way she looks.


Here is a bit of the interview
On her frustrations at the difficulties that models of color face in the industry:
“It’s not just black girls. It’s ethnic girls in general: Brazilian girls, Hispanic. You really don’t see a lot of Asians either. A lot of designers think that if every girl on the runway looks exactly alike, then people will come to the shows and buy the clothes because they won’t be focusing on the models….It’s not even just runway either… us ethnic girls should be getting a lot of the covers too! I would love to be on half of the campaigns these [white] girls are booking, all looking exactly alike. It’s not right. It’s not fair.”

On rumors she has been involved with Kanye West, rapper Tyga, and singer-producer Ryan Leslie:
“I’m young and I’m dating. But I’m not gonna say any names. There are special people in my life but nothing serious. Just having a man in general is a job! I have one job; I can’t have a second. I’m the type of girl that if I have a man, I want to be a good girl-friend and be there for them and take care of them.”

On her close relationship with Tyra Banks:
“She keeps it real. She tells it like it is. She’s really been a great mentor for me.”

For more on Chanel Iman, check out this week’s issue of Page Six Magazine, free inside the Sunday edition of the New York Post and online on Monday at www.pagesixmag.com.


0 comments:

Post a Comment